They look lip smacking good don’t they! well, trust me they are. I had a baking day with my kids and we decided to make some giant chewy chocolate chip cookies and I thought I would share the recipe with the world. After all, they are too nice to be keeping to myself.
These cookies are so easy to make and take hardly any time at all, they are cost effective too. I told my husband the other day that I am going to make homemade biscuits every week from now on and keep them in the cookie jar. The kids definitely prefer homemade treats instead of bought so why not.
- 250g of all-purpose flour
- 220g of brown sugar
- 100g of white sugar
- 175g of unsalted, melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 250g of chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C and place a cookie sheet onto a large oven tray.
- in a large bowl mix together the butter, white and brown sugar and give it a good mix then add in the vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk. Mix it all together until well mixed in.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir them into the mix and then add the flour.
- Give it a good mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Take a Tbsp and spoon and spoon some mixture onto the cookie sheet. Remember you want them quite a width apart as they will spread out.
- Pop them in the oven for approx 15 mins or until the edges of your cookies are golden brown. let them cool on the baking sheet for a few mins before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- keep going until you have no cookie dough left then sit and enjoy these amazing creations with a tall glass of cold milk.