These easy peanut butter cookies are mouth watering good and are a very big hit in my household. They are so easy to make and really cost effective due to the fact that they only take 3 ingredients. Read on if you would like to know how I made these tasty peanut butter cookies.
These amazing peanut butter cookies can either be cooked right away or you could even freeze them for up to 2 months. Let’s jump into the recipe…
- 200g peanut butter (I use crunchy but you could also use smooth)
- 175g of granulated sugar
- half a tsp of table salt
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a large baking tray with a cookie sheet.
- Put the peanut butter, salt, and sugar into a mixing bowl and give it a good mix with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add the egg and mix again until it forms a nice lump of sticky dough.
- Break off small pieces of the dough and roll into balls then place them on to the cookie sheet. make sure you keep them well spaced apart.
- squash down the cookie balls with a fork and you’re good to go.
- You can now place them in a ziplock bag and pop them into the freezer to bake at a later date if you wish. when cooking from frozen just add a few more mins cooking time.
- If you’re like me and can’t wait too much down on these delicious bad boys, then pop them in the oven for approx 12 mins or until a lovely golden colour around the edges and paler towards the centre.
- Let the cookies cool on the tray for 5 mins before transferring them on to a cooling rack. Warning they smell great but will burn your mouth so let them cool, I learnt the hard way.
- Now all that’s left to do is sit with a cup of tea or coffee and a cookie (and of course to hide them from the husband and kids lol)