My husbands work friend owns an allotment and gave my husband some rhubarb. Obviously, my husband asked me to make some rhubarb crumble for after tea so that’s just what I did. I decided to blog the recipe because it was that unbelievably delicious it would be a crime to keep it to myself.
If you love a crumble with a lovely thick top then trust me this recipe is definitely for you. I don’t like skimping on the topping because personally, I think it’s the best bit. Anyways let’s get right into the recipe…
- 280g self-raising flour
- 100g of granulated sugar
- 170g of butter
- 100g of light brown sugar
- 500g rhubarb chopped into chunks
- Put the rhubarb chunks and granulated sugar into a saucepan, cover and simmer on a low heat until the rhubarb softens but still holding its shape. Once done pour it into a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven on 180C and prepare the topping. Simply rub the butter and flour together until it resembles bread crumbs. Now stir in the brown sugar and then sprinkle it evenly on top of the rhubarb.
- Place the Rhubarb crumble into the oven and leave it for approximately 30 mins, or until the topping is a delicious looking golden brown colour.
- Take a lovely big sniff at your fantastic sweet dish but try not to eat it just yet because it will burn your tongue.
- Serve nice and hot with a nice huge jug of custard and share this lovely treat with your loved ones. I guarantee it will go down a treat and you may even get asked for seconds lol.