I made cupcakes with my children this weekend and rather than standard plain ones we went the extra mile and added peanut butter and chocolate frosting. Here is the recipe for these delicious cupcakes.
These moist cupcakes are truly delicious then to add Nutella and crunchy peanut butter frosting to the mix these dreamy cakes are heaven sent. I think I ate way too many than I would like to admit if I’m honest.
If you enjoy this post then please feel free to like my Facebook page Busy Gal Blogs so you never miss a blog post from me. You can also follow me on other social media by heading to my contact page and clicking the icons.
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Nutella for the filling
Peanut Butter Frosting…
- 190g crunchy peanut butter
- 65g softened butter
- 255g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs of milk
- line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale.
- Add the eggs, flour, vanilla extract and baking powder and give it a good mix.
- fill the cupcake cases 3/4 full and pop the tray in the over.
- Let them cook for 12-15min or until springy to the touch.
- While warm take out the centre of the cake but not all the way through. (I used an apple corer).
- Put some Nutella into an icing bag and fill the holes.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Frosting Method:
- Put the peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix it up well
- Then add the icing sugar and mix that in too.
- Now add your milk until you get the consistency you desire. I find 3 tbs is the perfect amount.
- Pipe it on top of your cupcakes and enjoy.